[mswindowsxp] Networking Problems Wxp/W98

  • From: "Tom LeStrange" <toml77@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:44:22 -0500

I am trying to connect my two computers together and am not having any luck.
One computer is XP and the other is W98.  I installed an Ethernet card in
each computer and connected them with an CAT5e crossover cable.  I ran the
Network wizard on the XP computer and created a disk to use in the W98
computer.  I want to use the XP computer to connect to the net and be able
to share the printers that are connected to the XP computer with the W98
computer.  When I open My Network Places I cannot see the other computer.
Neither can I see the XP computer from the W98 computer. The lights on the
Ethernet cards are active.  What am I missing?  Has anyone accomplished
these with any success?
Thanks for any replies.
Tom