[mswindowsxp] Re: Netscape keeps starting up.........

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:09:26 +0200

The best move would also be to go to the control panel -> Add/Remove Programs
and remove Netscape.  If you wish to keep NS, try this:  go into Netscape
Preferences and turn off the tray icon.  Since I have removed NS 7, I can't
remember what it is called.  You may also want to try right clicking on the N
next to your clock.  Finally, NS 7 auto installs AOL Instant Messenger which
also automatically starts with Windows.  You can again go into NS preferences
and click on Instant Messenging.  Uncheck the Start With Windows box.  This is
probably what is starting everytime you start Windows.

Hope that helps,

Tom
http://tom.erdely.no