[mswindowsxp] Re: My WS is now a Terminal Server after firewall install

  • From: David Spanne <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:48:12 -0800

Found it - This setting makes your workstation advertise itself on the browse
list as a terminal server

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\TSAdvertise
1=advertise 0=not advertised

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555036&Product=winxp

Thanks for your help.

Subject: [mswindowsxp] Re: My WS is now a Terminal Server after firewall install
   From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net"; <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:21:38 -0400
     To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a look at and compare the HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/current
version  key between a couple workstations then and see if any of the values
changed. Chances are it just changed an id on that key. Thanks for your
thoughts.
Jim

   From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net"; <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:38:24 -0400
     To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The terminal service service is always running on an XP workstation, this is
part of remote desktop.
Jim