[mswindowsxp] Re: Logging into an NT 4 domain

  • From: David Spanne <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:00:32 -0800

XP Home is not supposed to be able to joint a domain.  Its a restriction
of the Home version (along with multi-processor support, and the full
permissions GUI, and some others). Either the machine has not really
joined the domain, and is able to use network resources because its got
a valid IP via DHCP and things are shared to "everyone", or the
restriction on XP Home may not work completely on an NT 4 domain.

David Spanne