[mswindowsxp] Re: Lock

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:03:59 +0200

On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:49:55 -0400, Bill Beckett wrote:

>That's probably it. As a follow up, if I make the change to the GPO, will
>running Gpupdate on the client update the GPO immediately or does the user
>have to logoff on back on?

Gpupdate should (theoretically) be enough. However I've seen times
when only a logoff and reboot have helped... Go figure... YMMV as
they say. 8-/

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# To err is human, but for a real disaster you need a computer.