[mswindowsxp] Re: Is Visual Interdev 6 compatible?

  • From: Rene Brehmer <cerberus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 20:16:09 +0200

Not sure if it's supposed to be compatible or not, but I've got the entire Visual Studio 6 Pro installed, including InterDev 6 ... it works perfectly....

I've added the SP5 for VS6 afterwards, so don't know it that's the reason. Believe XP says that they're not supposed to be compatible, but everyone seems to agree that it's just a trick to push the .NET versions, because ver. 6 works perfectly...

Sorry, can't help you otherwise ... mine just installed without complaining...

I don't really use InterDev, but it seems to be working just fine...just remember that just mave have admin rights to both install and run it...

Rene

At 15.41 04-07-2002 +0100, you wrote:

Setup.exe crashes every time I try to install Interdev on XP.  It used
to work on 2000.  I have tried the compatibility modes, and also tried a
different CD but no luck.

Anyone have any experience with this?

-- Rene Brehmer Self-educated programmer and dimwit

Visit my website, Cerberus' Hot Spot
http://www.geocities.com/cerberus_hotdog
Babes and hardware, software & internet references...