[mswindowsxp] Re: How to install XP to slave hard drive?

  • From: "Neil Atwood" <natwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:44:45 +1000

Hi Thomas,

I'm not *totally* sure why the install isn't letting choose the 80gb
drive, but the first thing to check is that the BIOS in your machine can
see it and recognise it's full capacity.

Then you could try setting it as the master and the old drive as slave
(or even leaving it out of the machine completely for the moment).

Let us know how you go...

regards

,,,,,   Neil Atwood - natwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
=D4=BF=D4=AC    Sydney, Australia=20