[mswindowsxp] Re: Ghost errors

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:08:13 +1200

Hi, Joe,

> I have no idea why you're getting those errors. Have you tried imaging to
> another hard drive and using your burner software to burn ISO Data disks?

I have perused a few forums and apparently this particular error is quite
common, but no one knows a solution.

I do a Ghost image and a Windows Backup Utility baseline backup to my
removable hard drive and I do a differential backup every week. I have just
moved my "My Music" folder ( 2.5gigs ) to another partition and burnt it to
a DVD. This now allows me to burn my complete Documents and Settings folder
plus my registry files to a single DVD.

Thankfully, Ghost doesn't appear to mark back up files, so my differential
backups are okay.

The idea is that if we go away anywhere I can remove and hide my removable
HD and also carry a set of Ghost Backup DVds and other backup disks with me.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards
Ted.
--------