[mswindowsxp] Re: Dual Boot with Windows XP Pro.

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:34:14 -0800 (PST)

Hey Charles! Just something that I read in another group, not the one you love
to hate becoz of some <cough> disagreeable members...hehe...Anyway you
mentioned it doesnt matter which order WinXP and Win2000 get installed as long
as Win9X gets in first. But according to some members and an emerging trend (I
have to find the article) there are some issues about that. It seems that it is
safer to install WinXP first before 2000 because of some serious issues. I have
to get back to you on which issues they are tho. Just kinda remind me. hehe...
 "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Win98 FIRST (very important)

The other two doesn't matter which order. Also 98 will be using FAT32 which
the first partition HAS to be. You can format the other partitions NTFS (for
morer secure files where you can set permissions). Win98 won't be able to
see those partitions, but W2K and XP will be able to see/access both
formats.

An oasis for the helpless, a gathering of the helpfuls. Be one or both.