[mswindowsxp] Re: DOS program in XP

  • From: FalconTech <falcontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Sep 2004 11:22:12 -1000

Don't try to run the program from the shortcut. Open the Command Prompt
shell and run the executable (*.exe) file from there. That way you can
see what the error message might be, because the window won't just
close. then if you need to you can alter the shortcut to run the app in
Windows 9x compatibility mode. If none of that works you can try
contacting the vendor and see if there is an update or patch available.

Email..
FalconTech

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 02:36, Jeff Stockard wrote:

> My friend wants to use a DOS program for his business.  Most of his
> company computers run Windows 98.  He has 2 new computers with Windows
> XP and when he tries to run the DOS program ( the name of the program is
> PCMiler ) to calculate mileage, a DOS window opens and then very quickly
> closes.  He has a license for each of the computers, but he can not
> figure out how to get it to work on his Windows XP ( naturally the
> office managers PC ) computer.  He says the license to upgrade from
> version 10 to the current version 14 would be too cost prohibitive.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thank you, for your help.
> Jeff
> Jesus Loves You
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
> http://thethin.net/winxplist.cfm

-- Type: application/pgp-signature
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part