[mswindowsxp] Re: Changing Password within Scheduled Tasks

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:42:33 -0600

Create a startup script that changes the password of your scheduled
task. =20

C:\>schtasks.exe /change /?

SCHTASKS /Change [/S system [/U username [/P password]]] {[/RU
runasuser]
    [/RP runaspassword] [/TR taskrun]} /TN taskname

    Changes the program to run, or user account and password used
    by a scheduled task.

Parameter List:
    /S       system           Specifies the remote system to connect to.

    /U       username         Specifies the user context under
                              which the command should execute.

    /P       password         Specifies the password for the given
                              user context.

    /RU      username         Changes the user name (user context) under
                              which the scheduled task has to run.
                              For the system account, valid values are
                              "", "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" or "SYSTEM".

    /RP      password         Specifies a new password for the existing
                              user context or the password for a new
                              user account. Password will not effect for
                              the system account.

    /TR      taskrun          Specifies a new program that the scheduled
                              task runs. Type the path and file name of
                              the program.

    /TN      taskname         Specifies which scheduled task to change.

    /?                        Displays this help/usage.

Examples:
    SCHTASKS /Change /RP password /TN "Backup and Restore"
    SCHTASKS /Change /TR restore.exe /TN "Start Restore"
    SCHTASKS /Change /S system /U user /P password /RU newuser
             /TN "Start Backup"=20