[mswindowsxp] Changing Password within Scheduled Tasks

  • From: "Higley, T.J." <TJHIGLEY@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:16:32 -0500

We support 700 desktops for faculty & staff here on campus. Most of our
users are running Win2k or WinXP. We have Backups scheduled using the
local Admin username/password. We did this so that Backup would continue
to work even after the user changed his/her password.

For security purposes, we would like to change the local admin password
on all PCs every year. We have a script to do this and can push it via
policy. But doing so causes Backup within Scheduled Tasks to fail.

Question:
Anyone know how (via policy) to reset the password stored within a
Scheduled Tasks job (specifically Backup) so we don't have to touch each
PC?

tj

TJ Higley
manager, Desktop Services
Taylor University - Upland
(765) 998-4044

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity; but a spirit of power, of
love, and of self-discipline. (2 Tim 1:7)