[mswindowsxp] BackUps.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:42:00 +1300

Hi, All.
I use the MS Windows Backup facility to regularly back up my C: drive to a
removable hard drive. If I go away on holiday, I remove this drive and hide it
somewhere in the house.

I also have another backup programme which backs up to CDs. I carry these CDs
with me on holiday in case of theft or a fire in my home.

I have created a backup base-file with the CD backup programme and my idea was
to regularly do a Differential backup on a CD-RW disk. However, when I created
my first Differential backup last night, most of my new files were not included.

My question is this: If I have used the MS Windows backup facility to backup my
C: drive, does this change the attributes on the new files and make my
Differential backup useless?

Many thanks,

Ted.
-----