[mstation_newsletter] the Christmas issue

  • From: John Littler <jlittler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mstation_newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:48:37 +0000

Hi All,
Season's Greetings and I hope you all have a great '05.
We're having a break next month so the next issue will
be in late January 05. Meanwhile, a bumper Christmas
issue ...
Cheers
John

Software - Curtis Olson is one of the people behind the Open
Source flight sim project, Flightgear. He talks about rendering,
physics engines, games, and other things.  Interview

Hardware 1 - We look at the new Land Rover Discovery and discover
it's changed a lot.  Road test

Hardware 2 - IBM's ThinkCentre series incorporates different
form factors and equipment levels. We look at a full tower
with SCSI  disks and a P4.  Report

Music - Warp artist Gravenhurst likes at least one of our questions.
(f-word warning for the slightly squeamish)  Interview

Games Review - Net Marketing for Indy developers? Ghost Recon
on N-Gage, retro Metal Slug  Columns and reviews

Opinion -  Where You're From, Season's Greetings

Books - a Christmas Pile! Cult of Mac, Building the Perfect PC,
Symbian Series 60 Dev, OSX Powerhound, AI for Game Developers,
Game Console Hacking Projects Reviews

New  Pop/dance Jimmy Edgar, The Residents, Streets, Electric 6,
Tom Baker's DJ section  Reviews

Classical Christmas Polyphony, Bath Girl's Choir, Philip Glass,
Arthur Sullivan, John Adams, Monteverdi Classical Reviews

--
http://mstation.org