[mstation_newsletter] Sept issue

  • From: John Littler <jlittler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mstation_newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:44:38 +0200

Hi All,
After our summer not-really break we have ...

features: September 07

Music - Rosie Oddie and her band the Odd Squad have been charming a lot of people around the UK lately. Recently, the youngest daughter of UK TV personality, Bill Oddie, won a song contest which resulted in the release of her first single and the band was born. Interview

JPEG image

Hardware - The iPhone is hot, hot, hot! Here we have a book excerpt from iPhone: The Missing Manual from O'Reilly that shows what we can expect as far as connecting to the web and websurfing are concerned. Book excerpt

JPEG image

More Music - Monthly Video Picks After two months our new page has mutated into a pure video page which is also a pure Mstation product. This month we have another oldie as well as a selection from three new and interesting bands from L.A. - Phoenix and the Turtle, The Pity Party, and Eagle and Talon. Monthly Picks, vids, etc

JPEG image

More Hardware - Boss's Micro BR is a slick little miniature mutitrack recorder that has four tracks and four layers for each track. You can only record one at a time though. Report

JPEG image

Travel - Das Park Hotel in Austria is an interesting (and basic) solution to the problem of accommodation. Pay what you think is a fair price and sleep in a drainpipe by the Danube river! Report

JPEG image

Yet More Music - PodcastThis month we have a track from Return of the Space Invaders called Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass. Groove and stomp your feet to a little post-retro. RotSI hail from the Netherlands and Berlin. Podcasts

JPEG image

Wetware/Society - Michael Powell is sick of being called a right wing stooge as a result of some blog items he's written in Seattle. Here he has a few words to say about it all. Article

Games - Sony? The Confusion ... Commentary

JPEG image

Music - Pop/dance Thunderfinger asks if record labels can "not suck" and gives them a few basic pointers on how to get started on that project. Commentary

Music - Classical Baron K has an encounter with Mr. Fux. Commentary

JPEG image

Books - Carl Hiaasen, William Gibson's Spook City, Innovation Reviews

--
http://mstation.org