[mstation_newsletter] November News

  • From: John Littler <jlittler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mstation_newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:56:47 +0000

Hi all,
Here is our new stuff. There will be (we hope!) a bumper
issue for Christmas and then we will have a month off.

Linux Music - Gerard Van Dongen is a composer and performer from  the
Netherlands and he uses the Linux OS to produce his work. We talk  to
him about the software, the hardware, and electronic music in the
Netherlands. Interview

Gaming - The UK sent a team to the recent World Cyber Games in  San
Francisco. We talk to a couple of the team about how they started  and
what they do. Interview

Politics Tech - Courtesy of the fine folks at Syngress Press, we  have
a chapter from The Mezonic Agenda, which has a good guy hacker  up
against evil corporate types who want to steal an election. As well  as
being a fun romp, the book is an educational trip around electronic
voting and reverse engineering. Book exerpt

Games Review - Our new monthly column looks at the games world.  This
month we're getting curmudgeonly before the Christmas rush.  Columns
and reviews

Books - Backroom Boys, The Mezonic Agenda, C++ Without Fear Reviews
Cheers
John
--
http://mstation.org