[mstation_newsletter] June update

  • From: John Littler <jlittler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mstation_newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:20:32 +0100

Hi All,
This month we've got more words from well-known
music people, and a few other thing as well ...

June 06
Music 1 - Allan from the band Low has a chat to us
 ... "I thought we'd always been playing Rock"
Background and Podcast

Music 2 - The voice of Smoke on the Water and other
Deep Purple and Black Sabbath songs, Ian Gillan, has
a few words for us. Interview

Hardware 1 - A just obsolete iBook G4 also has a few
words to say. Report

Hardware 2 - From the book PSP Hacks, we have a look
at how to get wi-fi going and how to make a web portal.
Wi-fi, Web Portal

Mobile World - We go along to the MEM06 trade show to
see what's up aside of movies and TV shows. Report

Software People - Ryan Brooks was chatting to us about
32 bit emulation on 64 bit CPU's and this led to his
talking about his background and super-computers in
Louisiana. Report

New Pop/dance - mentioned: Royale Deluxe, Low, The Knife,
Protokoll, Earlyman, Omar, Triffids, Wolfgang Commentary

Classical - Belle Epoque, Great Ballets, Mendelssohn,
Monteverdi, Mozart, Purcell, Rutter, Vivaldi
Classical Reviews

Books - Great Code, iPod/iTunes, Mathematician, Mind Hacks,
PGP/GPG, Rock Me Amadeus, Rules of Life, Web Design Reviews

And if you have any ideas for things we should cover,
be in touch!
Cheers
John

--