[office2000] no 'receive' option for hotmail in outlook 2002

  • From: george daniels <george_d_daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:32:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everyone

I have three email accounts configured in Outlook
2002.  I want to include them all in the "all groups"
send and recieve.  In fact I am *almost* able to do
this.  There is just one annoying and puzzling
problem.  There is no option for *recieving* mail from
my hotmail account, although there is an option to
send.  With my other email accounts there are two
check boxes, one for send, one for receive.  Why isn't
there a recieve option for the hotmail account?  Am i
just not not understanding something about the way
webmail like hotmail works?

NB: When I select the hotmail account individually
(Tools > Send and Receive > Hotmail) I have no problem
receiving my hotmail emails.

This is the route:
Outlook > options > mail set up > send/receive... >
send/receive groups (all accounts) > edit >
send/receive settings > (select account) send mail
items check box *and* receive mail items check box for
other accounts - but NO receive mail items check box
for hotmail. Why?

http://thethin.net/O2Klist.cfm