[office2000] Re: Word Pro

  • From: "Renee Cooper" <reneemi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:23:43 -0700

I think your wife will probably need to get back to the person she got
the doc from and have them save it from WordPro as RTF or some other
readable format for MS Word.  There might be a 3rd party converter out
there somewhere but Word doesn't ship with a converter to open WordPro
docs. =20

If it's just contents you're after, perhaps use Recover Text and see if
that works?  In Word, go to File Open.  Drop down the File Type list and
choose Recover Text from Any File, then open your WordPro document. I
have no idea if that will work for this doc, but it's often successful
with corrupted docs that won't otherwise open.  Be sure to set that file
type back to Word documents afterwards, or your regular Word docs won't
open properly.=20
This is assuming you're using a recent version of Word. =3D)

Hope that helps,