[office2000] Templates, Macros and AutoText

  • From: Jim Betz <jimbetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:22:56 -0700

Part 1:
  Where is the "source" for these features kept?  I have created an
AutoText and saved it and I can reuse it.  Same for a Macro.  But a
search of the system for either of the names does not find any files
for them.

Part 2:
  The hard drive from the old system is installed in the new system.
The old system had O97.  Can I get the Macros and AutoText entries
from O97 and "move" them, as is, into Office 2000?  How do I do that?
Is this 'easy' (could just recreate them but would prefer not to).

  Pointers to web references for instructions gladly accepted.  I
tried the KB (this time! *G*) and couldn't find the answer.

http://thethin.net/O2Klist.cfm