[office2000] Persistent 1706 errors

  • From: Jim Betz <jimbetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:11:50 -0700

  I have a system that I can't seem to get it past the 1706 error.
This is the error that when you open Word (or Excel or ___) it
will go into the windows installer and then pop the 1706 error
window ("...no valid source found...").  This will happen whether
or not the install CD is in the drive.  It does NOT happen under
the Administrator userid - only the regular (power) users.  This
is a new install of both Win2K and Office 2000 Pro on a system
that had the hard drive wiped and then reinstalled everything.
Both Win2K and O2K have had ALL MS updates applied from the web
interface (windows updates).  The userids for the regular users
were added after the install of Office2K - but before doing the
WWW updates (if that matters).

  What is the fix for this problem?

http://thethin.net/O2Klist.cfm