[office2000] Office2000 Printer

  • From: Jim Betz <jimbetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:27:16 -0700

  I have a system with WinXP and O2K - and ALL the latest updates
to both as of yesterday.  When I bring up Word and go to print it
shows the printer as the FAX software printer.  I change it to
the printer and it prints fine.  I can change documents and it will
still come up as the printer.  If I leave Word and come back in it
will go back to the FAX printer.  The 'printer printer' is set as
the default printer in WinXP.  The printer (and FAX) is an HP
OfficeJet V40 (multi-function printer/fax/scan/copy).

  What do I have to do to get Word to use the 'printer printer' as
its default?  (Ie. - so that when I go to print in Word it will
come up for the printer and not the FAX.)

http://thethin.net/O2Klist.cfm