[msexchange] Re: Information Store Question

  • From: "Bryan Ard" <Bryan.Ard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:15:48 -0600

You are most likely correct in your position.  If the database were =
corrupt to the degree that the agent couldn't back it up, it is very =
likely that you would have a bunch of users complaining as well.  I =
would turn up the database logging and then watch the application event =
log for a day or two, that may give you additional insight.  I've not =
used your particular backup software for doing an exchange backup, but =
all the agents that I've seen don't actually talk to the files =
themselves, they talk to a set of Exchange APIs that are responsible for =
the facilitating the backups.  When a backup begins, you should see this =
in the application even log that Exchange is beginning a backup. You =
should have two different type of backups on the Exchange server.  One =
(the agent) only backs up the Exchange databases, the other (the file =
level) backs up all the other files, but not the databases.  Let me know =
if additional clarification is needed.
Cheers!