[msb-alumni] Re: new social security card.

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:52:56 -0400

I don't think it is a new Social Security card, I think what it is, is a new Medicare card. The old Medicare cards use your Social Security Number with a letter designator following it to show whether you were the primary account or a beneficiary; the new Medicare cards will give you a entirely different Medicare number so that it will more protect your identity from theft because it won't be linked to your Social Security Number.

Steve
Class of '72

----- Original Message ----- From: "connie grace" <cgrace@xxxxxxxxxx>