[msb-alumni] Re: Your Mom Lucy

  • From: "Vickie" <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 16:14:05 -0700

Since, I wanted to make Lucy’s mom the focus of my message, is, I guess why I
didn’t go into too much detail about our mom’s treatment or mistreatment. Also,
the day I heard mom broke her hip was one of the worst days of my entire life.
Mom didn’t have life line at that point in time, and when she fell it was in
the middle of the night. She laid there for six hours screaming in pain, until
the resident watcher, for lack of a better word, came around to each door,
which they do every morning, to make sure all the seniors are OK and still
alive. Then that someone called 911 to get her to the hospital. I called
every alarm system getting information while mom was in the rehab facility, so
that would never happen again. But then when she did have lifeline, and even
the pennant you wear, when she had her last heart attack, she called Tony,
instead of pressing her button or calling lifeline. So, anyway, she didn’t lay
on the floor hurt again. I believe they put a pin in mom’s hip and she only
had four weeks of rehab, which probably should have been longer, and she walked
even slower than she ever walked even with the walker, which, as Tony
indicated, she used until she passed away. I sure hope Lucy’s mom didn’t have
to lay on the ground or floor for hours before she could get help.
Vickie Rolison