[msb-alumni] Re: Sideshow preemies give thanks Couney's pioneering efforts saved thousands of lives

  • From: Marcie Brink-Chaney <chaneyma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:02:18 -0400

I tried to do an email message earlier about this subject and I don't think I
was too successful so I'm going to try it again. I wanted to say that preemies
are actually their eyes bro at all baby's eyes bro I'll grow and develop till
after they're born and what happens with preemies is that oxygen levels are
higher in the incubator and what happen with us was that the incubator are the
oxygen levels were too high. E and the arm so deoxygenated both got caused the
crematory to write a retinopathy of prematurity but actually what has happened
was that the each the babies eyes don't quit growing they the redness keep for
me blood vessels that home that help the wide it so it ends up being like
diabetic retinopathy he and and the reason why it is not so pray v so the
reason why it's not so prevalent now is because babies they keep the oxygen
levels lower and also preemies don't have to stay in as long so that if if
you're very very underweight then you have the chance of having difficulty with
a retinopathy and what needs to happen is they need to figure out how to turn
the growth hormone off so that when the baby's eyes are completely developed
then did there will not be an overgrowth of a blood vessels on also I wanted to
say that I was 2 pounds and 10 ounces when I was born and I and I was 1215
inches long when I went home from the hospital I think they said 12 inches long
when I was was a firstborn and I was only carried five and half months so I'm
glad I have the incubator because I probably would not be here that was 12
inches long when I was born in 15 inches long when I went home excuse the
errors I was dictating this is ridiculous but it's good to talk to all of you
through email and have a good evening and this is Marcie Brink-Chaney from the
class of 72 f

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 25, 2015, at 8:16 PM, Peggy <pyates2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow! Cnie,
You must have been a very small baby. How much did you weigh?
If you had been placed in an incubator, you might have been totally blind as
well. I was an incubator baby, weighing in at 3 pounds 8 ounces.
Peggy Y.

-----Original Message----- From: connie grace
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:28 PM
To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [msb-alumni] Re: Sideshow preemies give thanks Couney's pioneering
efforts saved thousands of lives

As I said.
I am thankful an incubator wasn't available, or I probably would have
ben a total as well.
Instead. I was kept by a pot belley coal stove and fed with a medicine
drop er, because, I didn't know how to suck yet.
To send a message,

To send a message, msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To send a message,