[msb-alumni] Re: Prayers and concerns.

  • From: "Peggy" <pyates2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 19:17:45 -0400

Hi Lucy,
I hope your Mother continues to improve. I am definitely keeping her in my prayers.
As for my Mother, she has the shingles bad. Oh, I think I started something on here lol smile. I mentioned her having the shingles on Saturday I think it was and now _everyone is talking about shingles. But, it is a serious virus when you reach the age of 50 and older.
It can cause a lot of complications that will last a long time, after you are over the virus. When a person is in the blistering stage, (that is) when they have the fluid filled b blisters all over the body), they can spread the chicken pox pirus to other people, but not the shingles themselves. If a pregnant woman contract the virus, it can cause severe complications and even death in newborn babies or unborn babies.
We took Mother to the doctor today and he told me that because we live in the same house together, I am susceptable to the virus and I can get shingles beint that I had chicken pox as a child.
I went to get the shingles shot today and they cost $20012&77 cents. Well I'm not about to put out that kind of money now, I don't have it. Medicare only pays a small percentage of the cost.
So I am homebound until she becomes uncontagious which could be about 14 days. They can last for usp to 30 days with some people.
Anyway, I hope your Mother continues to do better. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Peg Yats.
Class of 1970.

-----Original Message----- From: Lucy Edmonds
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 3:39 PM
To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [msb-alumni] Re: Prayers and concerns.

Thank you so much Marcia, Fawn, Tony, Toni and you and everyone else who has expressed their thoughts and prayers about my mom. It means so much to me that all of you are so caring. Lucy Edmonds, class of 73

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 2:20 PM, Marcia Moses <mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lucy, I'm also here for you.
Marcia

-----Original Message----- From: Lucy Edmonds
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 1:51 PM
To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much Toni. It's nice to know that I have friends on the MSB list to support me.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 12:07 PM, Tony Handley <tonydrummer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lucy,
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. If you need somebody to talk too, feel free to call me. My number is in the book. In the mean time, I'll be keeping you and your mother, and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and God bless you.
Tony 1978

To send a message, msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To send a message,