[msb-alumni] Re: O.T. No more Watches

  • From: "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:27:25 -0400

Hey Willie,

Here is the info.  Yes, I have an iGrill.  It is very cool.

With Flower Power, Anyone Can Have A Green Thumb

Parrot Flower Power is a sensor that can be "planted" close to a plant, indoors
or

outdoors, in a pot or in open ground. It precisely measures, in real time, the
parameters

that are crucial for the growth and good health of plants: soil moisture,
fertilizer,

ambient temperature, and light intensity. Plants have vital needs, and Parrot
Flower

Power uses advanced sensor technologies to monitor the plants' welfare through a

range of parameters. Using the data gathered every 15 minutes by the four
sensors,

users are able to understand the exact requirements of their plants. The
materials

chosen for manufacturing the Flower Power ensure the product is watertight and
robust.

The Parrot Flower Power can be used both inside and outside (from -10 °C to 55°
C).

Waterproof, it can withstand watering, rain, and liquid fertilizer. Put it in
the

ground or in a pot and monitor the changes in your plants and garden.

Bluetooth Smart & Real Time Monitoring Of Multiple Plants

The data retrieved by the Parrot Flower Power is sent to your Smartphone or
Tablet

using Bluetooth low energy technology, allowing it to communicate with Bluetooth

Smart Ready devices. Bluetooth Low Energy is a wireless technological standard
which

consumes very little energy. When you are near your Flower Power, you can use
Live

mode to check the light intensity, ambient temperature, and soil humidity. Every

15 minutes Flower Power measures four data sources and stores the data in its
memory.

Every two hours Flower Power sends data to your Smartphone via Bluetooth Low
Energy.

If you are not within Bluetooth range, it keeps the data in its memory until you

are back within range (data kept for up to 80 days). Alerts are sent to your
Smartphone

each time one of your plants needs attention. There is no need to be near your
Flower

Power to get the notifications. A Parrot Flower Power can monitor several plants

in the same pot, in a planter or on a small plot of land if the conditions of
watering,

soil drainage, and exposure to the sun and wind are uniform.

A Dedicated App

Download the free Parrot Flower Power App on your Smartphone/Tablet. The
application

will then connect your Flower Power to the Parrot Cloud (via 3G/4G or Wi-Fi),
where

the data is analyzed. After the data is analyzed, you will receive an alert in
real

time when one of your plants has special water, fertilizer, light, or
temperature

needs. Follow the changes in your garden directly or simply consult Parrot's
vast

but easy to use database. Using the application, users can select their plants
from

the database in the Parrot Cloud, which has been developed by botanists. More
than

6,000 varieties are listed and custom advice is given on maintaining each plant.

Garden - Monitor Multiple Plants At The Same Time

With the Parrot Flower Power App, you can track the status of multiple Flower
Power

sensors, and the health of your whole garden.

"To Do" List

As well as monitoring the status of different plants, the Parrot Flower Power
App

will create a "To Do" list based on current alerts and the predicted status of
your

plants over the next few days.

Water & Fertilizer

The Parrot Flower Power App monitors the moisture level in the soil surrounding
your

plant and can track it over time, allowing you to plan for regular watering. By
also

tracking the fertilizer levels, you'll be able to plan when to add plant food to

your scheduled watering.

Heat & Light

The Parrot Flower Power App will give you a chart of the temperature levels in
the

soil of your plant and compare it with the ideal levels for your chosen plant
species.

The Parrot Flower Power sensor also keeps track of the amount of light your
plant

is receiving and will warn you when conditions are too shady or too bright.

Alerts

When the water, heat, light, or fertilizer levels of your plants are in need of
special

attention, the Parrot Flower Power App will create an alert to tell you what
needs

to be done.

Planning Ahead

If all the levels are currently good, the Parrot Flower Power App can help you
plan

ahead for when you need to water or feed your plants.

Warmest Regards,

Fred