[msb-alumni] Re: Fwd: [Nfbnet-master-list] KNFB Reader iPhone app announcement

  • From: <kg7fa2@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:09:18 -0400

Hi Connie and all.  There are some apps that will try to read text for
the I-phone, some work better than others.  I have an app called text
detective that actually works farely well, better on my Galaxy S3 Android
phone than it does on my I-phone 4S.  I assume that is because the camera
is better on the S3.  I was on a forum on the new NFB live site today,
and it is true, there will not be a demo version of the KNFB Reader.
They apparently think that the app is good enough, that everyone will
love it.  They kept talking about the relative   low cost of the app,
compared to other KNFB Readers, but in my humble opinion, $99.00 is still
dam expensive for an app!

Have a good one:
John