[msaboard] Re: Comments and concerns

  • From: Amer Odeh <amerodeh94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msaboard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 22:32:57 -0500

Barakallahu feek ya Ayman

I'll try to give you some brief answers regarding your concerns, and then
iA, I will give you a better method of showing them to us.

*Concerns*

*1. *Emailing seems to constantly be a problem, and I think your assessment
of the reasons behind it is accurate. I do have a few comments regarding
each of them

*a.* This is a problem, but I honestly think that it isn't so much our
greatest issue. A lot of the signups are manually done by us, and typically
on a computer, so there isn't too much room for error during input. It is
of course possible and i'm sure it happens, but I doubt that it accounts
for the majority of errors. It's tougher to fix this in any other way than
just constantly using technology like the ipads or laptops when people sign
up.

*b.* Tbh, i'm not sure what you mean by that. If they sign up correctly,
then the system takes care of it all, there isn't really anything we could
do if they signed up correctly and are still not receiving emails. Maybe
check their junk mail?

*c.* This is where I think the true problem lies. There is good news
however. Yasser has become far more consistent in the sending out of
emails. He's been doing a great job and I think as soon as it's solidified
in the upcoming semester, we can even advertise our weekly emails on FB and
the like

*2.* The lack of involvement... ah this is a tough one. But I think that
your answer to those people has some thing to do with why that is a
problem. MSA cannot always be the provider of fresh cool and interesting
work. What it can do however, is provide the platform for that work to take
place. Presenting Townhalls! That's what these are for. Your answer to
those GB members should have been yes! I know the perfect place for you to
get involved! Just come to our next Townhall and there are all sorts of
projects that come up from the dust. You can even make your own! yayyyyyy!

With regards to your approaches, I think that your pitch of new and novel
ideas is truly important. We do need more events that can really reach out
to everyone. We didn't have many volunteer events, but with the addition of
our community services director, I truly hope that that can change.

And lastly! I promised you a way to express your concerns more readily. bum
ba da bummmm *drumroll* The WSU MSA Winter Retreat! There is a section
dedicated specifically for expressing our concerns and talking them out!
Look to the emails for a date! Soon as the doodle gets completed iA