[mountainmilers] Re: Running schedule for today and tomorrow

  • From: Tom Hahn <tomhahn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:46:54 -0700

I'm headed for the shelter of trees, as well, planning to run up around the water tank on Country Club, etc.. Going to wrap a scarf or something around my whole face...

I'll end up looking like a Sherpa that lives on the planet Dune (how's that for mixed images?) Or maybe Han Solo on a Taun-Taun, on the ice-planet Hoth, would be a better comparison...

Stay warm, everybody, wherever you decide to run (or not) today! If I'm reading the wind-chill chart right, with a 25 deg. F temp and 20-25 mph winds, it will be like 10-15 deg's F on bare skin... Ouch!

Tom

Rob and I won't be at the ERAU track today.

Please use prudence in deciding whether to do the club run tomorrow. The forecast at 3 and 4PM tomorrow is 27 degrees with a 20 mile per hour wind from the North. I used to run in that weather in Minnesota but now that I am 60, I get special senior treatment and it is no longer mandatory...

I may still go fro a run but would rather run around here with some tree shelter. If anyone plans to go tomorrow - please email individually at <mailto:golfdood51@xxxxxxx>golfdood51@xxxxxxx and I will act as the point person.

Ken out.