[mountainmilers] Re: NEW DATE - Saturday, November 13th - Long Run

  • From: dave zelman <trifivelover@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:56:48 -0800 (PST)

EVERYBODY, PLEASE BE AWARE!  As in the confusion below on the time. If you have never or rarely join for runs, please be at the start AT least 15-20 minutes before the Run time. Some of the faster runners will stick around for 5 minutes after the official start time, but then leave to catch up to the rest of the group.
We never want to leave anybody behind, especially the women runners, so if you don't have phone numbers of any one running please try to get them.

WE will not be doing the Skull Valley run this Saturday the 20th as it is the Turkey Trot 8k at Prescott Middle School.
I believe the race time is 8am, entry fee $10.00 or canned food of equal value. Rob or ? please verify the time.

Dave

From: karynhott@xxxxxxx
To: karynhott@xxxxxxx; mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; shstophl@xxxxxxx
Subject: [mountainmilers] NEW DATE - Saturday, November 13th - Long Run
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:09:16 -0700

We've had about 5 people respond back and each of them have asked if we can change the run to Saturday, so....NEW RUN DATE -  Saturday, November 13th - 8:00am. Same place and distances!

If you've already told me you wanted to do Saturday, I have your name on the list.  Hope to see lots of folks!

Take Care -

Karyn

Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 5:41 PM

Subject: Sunday - November 14th - Long run & Evening get together

Sara will be in town this coming weekend!!!  When we were in Long Beach, we talked about doing a long run when she came to visit....so, we are going to do the same Skull Valley run as we did yesterday which was either 14.5 or 11 miles....downhill...right Ken????    If you are interested, please email me directly at karynhott@xxxxxxx and let me know if you're in for the 14.5 or 11 miles and whether or not you can help with shuttling folks.

The 8am start time was nice, if we want to push it forward even a bit more and start at 8:30am, majority wins, and I can let everyone know by Thursday if we are changing it or not.

The start of the 14.5 is on Cooper Basin Road and Sheriff Posses Road.  We can all meet there @ 8:00am (unless that changes), the 11 mile runners can go with Kam up the road another 3.5 miles to start our run which is where Cooper Basin and Thumb Butte road come together...

Depending on how many folks join us, we'll need to make sure we have enough "shuttles" on the Skull Valley side.  I can take either 4 or 5 folks but will need to have someone meet us at the Skull Valley side at 7:30am to take us back to the Prescott side of the run.  Kam has graciously agreed (because he'll be running 20 miles this Thursday) to do the aide station at 7/10.5 mark, we could use at least one more person.  Having Julie at the fork in the road was great! (Thanks Julie!!!!)

Following the run, I'm sure some of us will want to grad a bite to eat afterwards, that can be figured out then...

There will be several of the Mountain Milers doing Muddy Buddy down in the valley next weekend and who will just be returning to the country (Ken/Deb) who really want to see Sara too...so....we'll be getting together for dinner on Sunday evening.  More details will be coming later this week once we figure out where were going and a time...suggestions????

Hope everyone has an awesome week!  See ya on the Peavine at 5:30p for the dusk/night run.....

Karyn