[mountainmilers] Flagstaff Summer Running Series Info

  • From: Dan <fieroc4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:09:01 -0700

This is a great series and good value, last year 4 of us did the series and shared the driving, it sounds like we are all planning on being back. This will be my 4th year in the series, it offers well organized, competitive races, in some of the prettiest areas I've run.

Those that are afraid of trails may only want to consider the June 25th race, the rest are all trail runs.

From our friends at NATRA:

Great news! Online Registration for the 7th Annual Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Flagstaff Summer Running Series is available at http://www.virtualroster.com/index.cfm?action=dspClientHome&clientid=72&showBanner=1 <http://www.virtualroster.com/index.cfm?action=dspClientHome&clientid=72&showBanner=1> You will notice that for the FIRST time since we started the Series in 2005, we have a $30 price increase (plus a small credit card surcharge per race) for the package of 6 races. Great prizes, fun and camaraderie all the prizes, shirts and free year end Fratellis Pizza in the Park Picnic (Date to be announced on natra.org)! In addition, some races will also be testing a new, exciting electronic timing system that will make the management of our races even more efficient!Register online today and guarantee your entry into all 6 races!While we will eventually have a downloadable form, many runners did not fill this out completely last year requiring a lot of extra leg work for us. You of course will be able to register for the individual races, however, the package is still a GREAT deal if you plan to do 4 or more races! ----- As an aside, when I thought about registering for a certain premium marathon last year, fees were over $200!!!! To be included in the series you must register online for ALL 6 Races by May 17, 4 days before the first race, Run for the Mountain. Remember, when you register, you can do so competitively or non-competitively.
For details, check out
https://www.virtualroster.com/index.cfm?regid=230&action=dspInstructions&raceid=744&page=reg <https://www.virtualroster.com/index.cfm?regid=230&action=dspInstructions&raceid=744&page=reg>

Race Dates:
May 21nd, 8 AM: Run for the Mountain 10K/5K/2K at Fort Tuthill.
June 4th, 7:30 AM: Sacred Mountain Prayer Run 10K/5K/2K at Thorpe Park
Picnic Ramada.
June 18th, 8 AM: Gaspin' in the Aspen 15K/5K/kids dash at the
Flagstaff Nordic Center.
June 25th, 7:30 AM: Hospice Run for Life 10K/5K/2K at Wheeler Park
(Kid's Dash 7 AM).
August 6th, 8 AM: Machine Solutions Run 10K/5K/2K at Fort Tuthill.
August 13th, 7:30 AM*: Big Brothers Big Sisters Run for the Magic Half
Marathon/5K Run/Walk at Wheeler Park.
* Half Marathon Walkers start at 6AM