[no subject]

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:02:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Norbert (1080?-1134)
Friends sometimes jokingly mangle the name of the Premonstratensians into
"Monstrous Pretensions," just as the Franciscan O.F.M. is said to mean "Out
For Money." The name actually derives from Premontre, the region of France
where Norbert established this Order in the 12th century.  For more, follow
the link below:

You have followed my teaching, way of life, purpose, faith, patience, love,
endurance, persecutions, and sufferings, such as happened to me in Antioch,
Iconium, and Lystra, persecutions that I endured. 2 Timothy 3:10-17

As Jesus was teaching in the temple area he said, "How do the scribes claim
that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, inspired by the Holy
Spirit, said: The Lord said to my lord, 'Sit at my right hand until I place
your enemies under your feet.' David himself calls him 'lord'; so how is he
his son?" The great crowd heard this with delight. ~Mark 12:35-37

The people were mystified by what Jesus said to them.  If he gave them the
simplest of explanations, they could not understand.  The Holy Spirit came
upon them as the Spirit became part of the earthly body.  He truly is the
son of God ...and the son of David. These sorts of statements spoken to
crowds of people became a stumbling block for many of them.  Yet many
continued as His followers. Their following can lead to eternal life!

I pray that I may be confident with my faith. I pray that I may read and
come to a deep understanding of the Sacred Scriptures.  I pray that we may
be enlightened ... and our family members and friends as well.