Wednesday, January 16

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:19:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:24:51
Subject: Wednesday, 16 January 2008

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Berard and Companions (d. 1220)
Preaching the gospel is often dangerous work. Leaving one's homeland and
adjusting to new cultures, governments and languages is difficult enough;
but martyrdom sometimes caps all the other sacrifices.  For more, click the
link below:

When Samuel went to sleep in his place, the LORD came and revealed his
presence, calling out as before, "Samuel, Samuel!" Samuel answered, "Speak,
for your servant is listening."  ~1 Samuel 3:1-10, 19-20

For this purpose have I come." So he went into their synagogues, preaching
and driving out demons throughout the whole of Galilee.   ~Mark 1:29-39

Sometimes we may see a very busy person and wonder how they get so much
done.  We can even encourage them to rest and take time for themselves.  Yet
Samuel said, "Speak Lord, your servant is listening."  Jesus too reminds his
disciples that this is the purpose for which He came.

I pray that I may know the purpose for which I came into the world.  I pray
that I may listen to God's call and think more about others than I think
about myself.