Wednesday, 12 November 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:25:47 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/7/2008 8:28:30 AM
To: marge@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Wednesday, 12 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y
Today we visit Assisi .. The Basilica of Saint Francis and more.  We
Celebrate Mass at 8 a.m. Today in the Santa Caterina Chapel of the Basilica
Of Saint Francis in Assisi. We also have some free time to explore the city.
What a wonderful opportunity! Keep us in your prayers and know that you and
Your family are very much remembered in ours as well.

St. Josaphat (1580?-1623)
In 1967, newspaper photos of Pope Paul VI embracing Athenagoras I, the
Orthodox patriarch of Constantinople, marked a significant step toward the
Healing of a division in Christendom that has spanned nine centuries.
In 1595, when today's saint was a boy, the Orthodox bishop of Brest-Litovsk
(famous in World War I) in Belarus and five other bishops representing
Millions of Ruthenians, sought reunion with Rome. John Kunsevich (Josaphat
Became his name in religious life) was to dedicate his life and suffer his
Death in the same cause. Born in what was then Poland, he went to work in
Wilno and was influenced by clergy adhering to the Union of Brest (1596). He
Became a Basilian monk, then a priest, and soon was well known as a preacher
And as an ascetic.  For more, follow the link below:

But when the kindness and generous love of God our savior appeared, not
Because of any righteous deeds we had done
But because of his mercy, he saved us through the bath of rebirth and
Renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he richly poured out on us through Jesus
Christ our savior, so that we might be justified by his grace and become
Heirs in hope of eternal life. ~Titus 3:1-7

Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other
Nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?" Then he
Said to him, "Stand up and go; your faith has saved you." ~Luke 17:11-19

" ... When the kindness and generous love of God our savior appeared," we
Came to understand His mercy and gentle, merciful and holy lives he called
Us to lead because of our Baptism and renewal by the Holy Spirit.  We can be
People of common sense and express our gratitude.  The Samaritan leper is
The only one on our Gospel who possessed the common sense to return to Jesus
And say "Thank you."  We can exercise Christian common sense in our lives.

I pray that I may express thanks to God for all He has done for me.  I pray
That I may imitate the gentleness and mercy of Jesus in my life.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!