Tuesday, 18 November

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:50:28 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Tuesday, 18 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we head north to Cassino where we visit St. Benedict's Abbey of
Montecassino, founded around 529 AD. We celebrate Mass at 10 a.m. At
Momtecassino Abbey. Our journey continues as we proceed north to Rome and
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the Eternal City.  We visit the Roman and
Imperial Rome and stop for a tour of the Colloseum.  Keep us in your prayers
And know that you and your intentions are very much in ours as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

Dedication of St. Peter and Paul
St. Peter's is probably the most famous church in Christendom. Massive in
Scale and a veritable museum of art and architecture, it began on a much
Humbler scale. Vatican Hill was a simple cemetery where believers gathered
At St. Peter's tomb to pray. In 319 Constantine built on the site a basilica
That stood for more than a thousand years until, despite numerous
Restorations, it threatened to collapse. In 1506 Pope Julius II ordered it
Razed and reconstructed, but the new basilica was not completed and
Dedicated for more than two centuries.   For more, follow the link below:

  "I know your works, that you have the reputation of being alive, but you
Are dead. Be watchful and strengthen what is left, which is going to die,
For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember
Then how you accepted and heard; keep it, and repent. If you are not
Watchful, I will come like a thief, and you will never know at what hour I
Will come upon you. ~Revelation 3:1-6, 14-22

And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house because this
Man too is a descendant of Abraham. For the Son of Man has come to seek and
To save what was lost."  ~Luke 19:1-10

We find ourselves in the 33rd of the 34 weeks in the Church year.  As we
Meditate on the end of the year and the end of time, the author of the Book
Of Revelation presents a warning.  We are to repent and return.  In our
Gospel, Zaccheus does just that.  And Jesus says, "Today salvation has come
To this house because this man too is a descendant of Abraham. For the Son
Of Man has come to seek and to save what was lost."

I pray that I may repent and return to the Lord with all my heart.  I pray
That I may know God's constant love fore me too, and the fact that the "Son
Of Man has come to seek and to save what was lost."

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at