Tuesday, 11 November 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:10:48 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Subject: Tuesday, 11 November 2008

.=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.
From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer. I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy. If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE. That message
Will not reach Margie. Her e-mail address is: marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y
Today we arrive in Rome and make our way to Orvieto. We visit the Church
That is the site of the Eucharistic miracle that prompted Pope Urban IV to
Institute the Feast of Corpus Christi a year later. We celebrate Mass at
The Duomo in Orvieto at noon today. We travel on to Assisi and visit the
Portiuncula, the Church that St. Francis and his brothers were given shortly

After Pope Innocent III approved their rule. We also see the statue of St.
Francis, the live white doves, thornless rose bush, and the cave where St.
Francis prayed in solitude.

.=: S A I N T O F T H E D A Y :=.

St. Martin of Tours (316?-397)
A conscientious objector who wanted to be a monk; a monk who was maneuvered
Into being a bishop; a bishop who fought paganism as well as pleaded for
Mercy to heretics-such was Martin of Tours, one of the most popular of
Saints and one of the first not to be a martyr. For more, follow the link
Below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S F O R T H E D A Y :=

Beloved: You must say what is consistent with sound doctrine, namely, that
Older men should be temperate, dignified,
Self-controlled, sound in faith, love, and endurance. ~Titus 2:1-8, 11-14

When you have done all you have been commanded, say, 'We are unprofitable
Servants; we have done what we were obliged to do.' ~Luke 17:7-10

.=: M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y :=.

Our first reading calls us to sound doctrine, and to live temperate,
Dignified, self controlled life, sound in faith, love and endurance. When
We live life well, sometimes we're tempted to ask what we'll receive? Our
Gospel reminds us that "what we have done what we were obliged to do."

.=: P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y :=.

I pray that I may live a temperate and dignified life, full of love and
Sound in faith and endurance. I pray that I may not seek rewards, but know
That what I have done is no more than what I am obliged to do.

.=: W E P R A Y :=.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home. We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who

Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!