Tuesday, 08 July 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:58:06 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Gregory Grassi and Companions (d. 1900)
Christian missionaries have often gotten caught in the crossfire of wars
against their own countries. When the governments of Britain, Germany,
Russia and France forced substantial territorial concessions from the
Chinese in 1898, anti-foreign sentiment grew very strong among many Chinese
people.
Gregory Grassi was born in Italy in 1833, ordained in 1856 and sent to China
five years later. Gregory was later ordained Bishop of North Shanxi. With 14
other European missionaries and 14 Chinese religious, he was martyred during
the short but bloody Boxer Uprising of 1900.  For more, follow the link
below:

The house of Israel trusts in the Lord.  ~Psalm 115

At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because
they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he
said to his disciples, "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so
ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest."
~Matthew 9:32-38

Jesus has continual compassion for His people.  No matter how exhausted He
is, his heart is moved with pity and he spends time with those who need him.
He extends an invitation to His disciples too, "The harvest is abundant but
the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers
for his harvest."  This invitation is give us too, and we are asked to
encourage others to leave what they're doing and to do God's work, wit the
compassion of Jesus Himself.

I pray that I may never forget the love and compassion Jesus has for me and
for all people.  I pray that I may make myself available to do the Lord's
work too, and to pray that even more follow His call to full time work in
His harvest.