Thursday, 19 November 2009

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:00:15 -0600

Thursday, 19 November 2009

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Agnes of Assisi 1197-1253

Agnes was the sister of St. Clare and her first follower. When Agnes left
home two weeks after Clare's departure, their family attempted to bring
Agnes back by force. They tried to drag her out of the monastery, but all of
a sudden her body became so heavy that several knights could not budge it.
Her uncle Monaldo tried to strike her but was temporarily paralyzed.

The knights then left Agnes and Clare in peace.  For more, follow the link

below:

Why then do you judge your brother or sister? Or you, why do you look down
on your brother or sister? ~Romans 14:7-12

And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and
says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.'
In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the

angels of God over one sinner who repents."     ~Luke 15:1-10

We are not to judge our brother or sister.  Judgment is up to God.  God is
the one who waits for our return, and rejoices when we do. We can invest
ourselves in loving those around us and inviting them to oneness with God
through the example we set.

I pray that I may not judge others. I pray that my example may help others
come closer to God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.

We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!