Thursday, 12 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:38:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 13 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Blessed Jolenta (Yolanda) of Poland (d. 1298)
Jolenta was the daughter of Bela IV, King of Hungary. Her sister, St.
Kunigunde, was married to the Duke of Poland. Jolenta was sent to Poland
where her sister was to supervise her education. Eventually married to
Boleslaus, the Duke of Greater Poland, Jolenta was able to use her material
means to assist the poor, the sick, widows and orphans. Her husband joined
her in building hospitals, convents and churches so that he was surnamed
"the Pious."  For more, follow the link below:

'Harness up and leave the mountain before the rain stops you.'" In a trice
the sky grew dark with clouds and wind, and a heavy rain fell. Ahab mounted
his chariot and made for Jezreel. But the hand of the LORD was on Elijah,
who girded up his clothing and ran before Ahab as far as the approaches to
Jezreel. 1 Kings 18:41-46

"You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, You shall not kill; and
whoever kills will be liable to judgment. But I say to you, whoever is angry
with his brother will be liable to judgment, ~Matthew 5:20-26

The Fifth Commandment seems like such a simple one.  We are not to kill. In
today's Gospel, Jesus is even more specific, as He says, "I say to you,
whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment." We are to
forgive and ask forgiveness freely.  In the Lord's Prayer we pray, "Forgive
us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." As humans we
are not perfect.  We can acknowledge that as we forgive and ask forgiveness.
And God can heal us and help us to grow in our love for God and others.

I pray that I may ask forgiveness and forgive those who have hurt me freely.
I pray that I may also ask God's forgiveness and receive from him absolution
and the grace I'll need to make this Commandment more natural to me.