Thursday, 05 October 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:57:15 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Thursday, 05 October 2006

Minister, will be sending the posts for me and that they have been prepared

ahead of time, prayer intentions will not be included. Be assured that

you'll be remembered in our daily prayers and Masses during this Pilgrimage.

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.

     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun

for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4

$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see

the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who

help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our

cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in

the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is

spirit.  Do not be astonished that I said to you, 'You must be born from

above.'  The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but

you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone

who is born of the Spirit."  ~John 3:6-8

To be attracted toward God and a better life, we can be spirit-guided. There

is a wonderful illumination of thought given to those who are spirit-guided.

To those who are material-guided, there is nothing in God or a finer life to

appeal to them or to attract them.  But to those of us who are spirit-guided

there is strength and peace and calm to be found in communion with an unseen

Lord.  To those of us who believe in this God we cannot see but whose power

we can feel, life has a meaning and purpose.  We are children of the unseen

Lord, and all human beings are our brothers and sisters.

I pray that I may attain a state of true calmness.  I pray that I may live

in quietness and peace.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm