<TW>Monday, 12 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:05:24 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Teresa of Los Andes (1900-1920)
One needn't live a long life to leave a deep imprint. Teresa of Los Andes is
proof of that. As a young girl growing up in Santiago, Chile, in the early
1900s, she read an autobiography of a French-born saint-Therese, popularly
known as the Little Flower. The experience deepened her desire to serve God
and clarified the path she would follow. At age 19 she became a Carmelite
nun, taking the name of Teresa. The convent offered the simple lifestyle
Teresa desired and the joy of living in a community of women completely
devoted to God. She focused her days on prayer and sacrifice. "I am God's, "
she wrote in her diary. "He created me and is my beginning and my end. "

As they prayed, the place where they were gathered shook, and they were all
filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with
boldness. ~Acts 4:23-31

Do not be amazed that I told you, 'You must be born from above.' The wind
blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not
know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is
born of the Spirit." ~John 3:1-8

The power of the Resurrection flows. " ... the place where they were
gathered shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit." This is an
unstoppable power.  Fear is gone and faith can be lived freely.

I pray that I may know the power of the Holy Spirit.  I pray that I can live
my faith and follow God's call without fear.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jo Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Jean requests prayers for her
daughter Jean-Marie who is suffering from depression and severe anxiety that
she will know God's peace and trust in His mercy.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.