Saturday, 23 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:14:13 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Preliminary pricing, $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
A brochure and firmed up itinerary will be available as soon as one more
hotel is confirmed.
WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a TENTATIVE Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Mother Marianne Cope (1838-1918)
Though leprosy scared off most people in 19th-century Hawaii, that disease
sparked great generosity in the woman who came to be known as Mother
Marianne of Molokai. Her courage helped tremendously to improve the lives
of its victims in Hawaii, a territory annexed to the United States during
her lifetime (1898). Mother Marianne?s generosity and courage were
celebrated at her May 14, 2005, beatification in Rome. She was a woman who
spoke ?the language of truth and love? to the world, said Cardinal Jose
Saraiva Martins, prefect of the Congregation for Saints? Causes. Cardinal
Martins, who presided at the beatification Mass in St. Peter?s Basilica,
called her life ?a wonderful work of divine grace.? Speaking of her
special love for persons suffering from leprosy, he said, ?She saw in them
the suffering face of Jesus. Like the Good Samaritan, she became their
mother.?

For more, follow this link:

Let us see your face, Lord, and we shall be saved. ~Psalm 80

Jesus came with his disciples into the house. Again the crowd gathered,
making it impossible for them even to eat. When his relatives heard of
this they set out to seize him, for they said, ?He is out of his mind.?
~Mark 3:20-21

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

Jesus saves. Crowds gathered, people pushed from all sides. So many were
interested. Yet so many walked away after they got what they wanted. We're
called to be faithful to the Lord. And we shall be saved.

I pray that I may approach the Lord with trust and love. I pray that I may
nbe a true disciple, not somebody who walks away after my wishes are
satisfied.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse