Saturday, 03 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:32:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Benedict the African (1526-1589)
Benedict held important posts in the Franciscan Order and gracefully
adjusted to other work when his terms of office were up. His parents were
slaves brought from Africa to Messina, Sicily. Freed at 18, Benedict did
farm work for a wage and soon saved enough to buy a pair of oxen. He was
very proud of those animals. In time he joined a group of hermits around
Palermo and was eventually recognized as their leader. Because these hermits
followed the Rule of St. Francis, Pope Pius IV ordered them to join the
First Order. Benedict was eventually novice master and then guardian of the
friars in Palermo- positions rarely held in those days by a brother. In
fact, Benedict was forced to accept his election as guardian. And when his
term ended he happily returned to his work in the friary kitchen.

Lord, send out your Spirit, and renew the face of the earth. ~Psalm 104

They found the stone rolled away from the tomb; but when they entered, they
did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were puzzling over this,
behold, two men in dazzling garments appeared to them. They were terrified
and bowed their faces to the ground. They said to them, "Why do you seek the
living one among the dead? He is not here, but he has been raised. Remember
what he said to you while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must
be handed over to sinners and be crucified, and rise on the third day."
~Luke 24:1-12

Life has overcome death. Light has overcome the darkness.  Jesus Christ is
Risen. The hopes of so many have been fulfilled. And we are given the gift
of a life that will never end, of forgiveness of our sins and the promise of
the Holy Spirit to help us follow God's call every day of our lives!
Alleluia!

I pray that I may rejoice in the Resurrection of my Lord.  I pray that I may
help carry on His work by using his gifts to help me follow in His
footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

James asks prayers of Thanksgiving for someone's successful knee surgery.
Jan asks prayers for her son who is having a difficult recovery after
surgery.