Morning prayer

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:11:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

K N I G H T S    O F    C O L U M B U S
State Convention this Weekend
I'm La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain of the Knights of Columbus and will be at
the Knights of Columbus State Convention from Friday-Sunday.  Prayer
requests will not be included with <MP>Morning Prayer during this time,
since Morning Prayer has already been prepared and will be sent by Margie,
our Pastoral Minister.  Keep us in your prayers and know you'll be
remembered in ours as well!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen (1577-1622)
If a poor man needed some clothing, Fidelis would often give the man the
clothes right off his back. Complete generosity to others characterized this
saint's life. Born in 1577, Mark Rey (Fidelis was his religious name) became
a lawyer who constantly upheld the causes of the poor and oppressed people.
Nicknamed "the poor man's lawyer," Fidelis soon grew disgusted with the
corruption and injustice he saw among his colleagues. He left his law career
to become a priest, joining his brother George as a member of the Capuchin
Order. His wealth was divided between needy seminarians and the poor.

Peter sent them all out and knelt down and prayed. Then he turned to her
body and said, "Tabitha, rise up." She opened her eyes, saw Peter, and sat
up. He gave her his hand and raised her up, and when he had called the holy
ones and the widows, he presented her alive. This became known all over
Joppa, and many came to believe in the Lord. ~Acts 9:31-42

Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?" Simon Peter
answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal
life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of
God."

Peter restores a woman to life in our first reading today.  In the Gospel
Jesus is confronted by the fact that some followers are drifting away.  He
asks His disciples if they also want to leave.  Their Act of Faith is very
powerful as they say, "Master, to whom shall we go?  You have the words of
eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the
Holy One of God."

I pray that I may be inspired the miracles worked in the early Church.  I
pray that I may be strong in my faith too, and be convinced that Jesus is
the Holy One of God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.