Morning Prayer for Wednesday, Jan. 9

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:02:41 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:23:17
Subject: Wednesday, 09 January 2008

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Adrian of Canterbury (d. 710)
Though St. Adrian turned down a papal request to become Archbishop of
Canterbury, England, Pope St. Vitalian accepted the rejection on the
condition that Adrian serve as the Holy Father's assistant and adviser.
Adrian accepted, but ended up spending most of his life and doing most of
his work in Canterbury. For more, click the link below:

There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has
to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love.  ~1
John 4:11-18

"Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid!" He got into the boat with them
and the wind died down.  ~Mark 6:45-52

Sometimes we're afraid. We can accept our situation, knowing that it may be
painful and challenging, but that it can be driven out by love.  God is love
and yearns to share His love with us.  Jesus shows his disciples that He is
stronger than the storm lashing out against them. He is with them, and they
need not be afraid.

I pray that I may accept all that is happening in my life, knowing that
God's love can drive away the fear that is with me.  I pray that I may allow
Jesus to calm my fear and show me His presence with me.