Morning Prayer for Wednesday 19, 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:41:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Wednesday, 19 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

This morning we attend the Papal Audience at Saint Peter's and have a chance
To see and listen to the words of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI and receive
His blessing with pilgrims from all over the world.  Then we visit the
Second-largest church in Rome, St. Paul Outside the Walls.  We celebrate
Mass at 6 p.m. At Saint Paul Outside the Walls. It was built over the tomb
Of Saint Paul.  From there we continue on the Old Appian Way to the
Catacombs of Santa Priscilla, stopping at Quo Vadis along the way.  Keep us
In your prayers and know that you and you and your intentions remain in ours
As well.

St. Agnes of Assisi 1197-1253
Agnes was the sister of St. Clare and her first follower. When Agnes left
Home two weeks after Clare's departure, their family attempted to bring
Agnes back by force. They tried to drag her out of the monastery, but all of
A sudden her body became so heavy that several knights could not budge it.
Her uncle Monaldo tried to strike her but was temporarily paralyzed. The
Knights then left Agnes and Clare in peace.  For more, follow the link
Below:

"Worthy are you, Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you
Created all things; because of your will they came to be and were created."
~Revelation 4:1-11

He said to him, 'With your own words I shall condemn you, you wicked
Servant. You knew I was a demanding man, taking up what I did not lay down
And harvesting what I did not plant; why did you not put my money in a bank?
Then on my return I would have collected it with interest.' And to those
Standing by he said, 'Take the gold coin from him and give it to the servant
Who has ten.' ~Luke 19:11-28

Sometimes in our lives we can procrastinate.  We promise that we'll do more
And work for more good sometime when we get around to it.  We don't use the
Gifts and talents God has given us very well at all.  And, all of a sudden,
We can realize that life has passed us by. We can ask the question, "Is that
All there is?"  On the other hand, we can be like the servants that invested
What the master gave them to watch over ... And see it grow by leaps and
Bounds.  How much happier and fulfilling our lives are when we put our gifts
And talents to good use.

I pray that I may live a full and happy life, putting to full use the many
Gifts and talents God has given me.  I pray that my gifts might multiply as
I share them with others and help them follow in Jesus' footsteps as I
Strive to do so as well. I pray that I may realize that it is never to late
To begin!

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who