Morning Prayer Wednesday, Nov. 14

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:15:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/02/07 17:54:04
Subject: Wednesday, 14 November 2007

T I B E R I A S    A N D    T E L    A V I V
We leave Tiberias this morning.  As we drive to the top of Tiberias we have
a splendid view of the city and of the Sea of Galilee.  We travel to Mount
Carmel to visit the location where Elijan called down fire from heaven.  Our
journey continues to Megiddo to visit the excavations of over 20 different
civilizations, including Solomon's old stables for one of his chariot
outposts.  From there we drive along the beautiful Via Maris toward
Caesarea.  We visit Caesarea Maritime where St. Paul was imprisoned, tried
and sent from this Mediterranean harbor to Rome.  Next we visit one of Herod
the Great's palaces and see the Roman aqueduct and port, Crusader's Moat and
the famous Roman Theater.  We board our motorcoach an head to Tel Aviv for a
farewell dinner and wine at a local restaurant before taking our late night
flight back to the United States.  Keep us in your prayers and know you're
very much in ours as well!

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

I'm leading a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and will return late on Thursday,
15 November.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister will be sending Morning Prayer
in my absence. No prayer intentions will be accepted at this time, since
Morning Prayer has already been prepared. Be assured that we'll remember
your intentions in our prayers, during our Daily Masses and in the many
important Churches we'll visit.  Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the
way described at the bottom of this e-mail, since I won't have regular
Internet access in the Holy Land.

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Gertrude (1256?-1302)
A Benedictine nun in Helfta (Saxony), Gertrude was one of the great mystics
of the 13th Century. She came to see herself as the bride of Christ. Her
spiritual life was a deep personal union with Jesus and his Sacred Heart,
leading her into the very life of the Trinity.

"To you, therefore, O princes, are my words addressed that you may learn
wisdom and that you may not sin." ~ Wisdom 6:1-11

Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other
nine? Ha none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God."

Common sense can be rare. Those who are kings and princes should know that
they need to serve God in the way the rule. Those who are cured should know
that it is right to say "thank you" to the one through whom they received
that cure. But common sense is rarely lived out.

I pray that I may use my common sense in the way I do my job and in the way
I express gratitude to those who help me.  I pray that I may put my faith
into action and live a life that is a worthy example for others to follow.

published by others, but is a good resource for preachers and those who
attend Daily Mass, and those who would like to keep up with the Lectionary
Readings and are not always able to attend Daily Mass.