Morning Prayer Tuesday, January 15

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:09:56 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:24:35
Subject: Tuesday, 15 January 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus came to Capernaum with his followers, and on the Sabbath he entered
the synagogue and taught. The people were astonished at his teaching, for he
taught them as one having authority and not as the scribes.  ~Mark 1:21-28

In school we have encountered many teachers.  Some seem to read their notes
to us, but others seem to have taken their subject into themselves and teach
from their very hearts.  Jesus taught in that way, because he was the living
Word of God made flesh.  We can learn from him, and take his Word into our
hearts as well.

I pray that I may take the Word of God into my heart.  I pray that I may
"live" the Word of God naturally and effectively, drawing ever more people
closer to Him.